Feeling zonked? Here's your wake-up call.
Social Business, Big Data, Mobile Apps, Content Marketing, e-Commerce, SCRM, Social Collaboration, Data Analytics, Digital Advertising, Customer Experience Management... whew!
With so many buzzwords out there in the digital ecosystem - each with tons of content, and changes within each coming rapid-fire - if it all leaves you feeling a bit zonked and wondering: What's Going On?... worry not! You can find it all here in 2 decks, 1 event, a link and a song.
Keep calm and carry on through these two slide decks - the best 360-degree panoramas of 2012:
- The State of the Internet - Henry Blodget and Alex Cocotas of Business Insider provide a comprehensive overview of the digital industry. [ Slide Deck ]
- Internet Trends - Landmark presentation by Mary Meeker and Liang Wu citing the need for re-imagining business models, thanks to mobile and social. [ Slide Deck ]
Oct 21-25, Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas
Follow the IBM event on Twitter @IBM_iod. Track it via hashtag #IBMiod. This multi-track event includes in-depth forums on Information Management, Business Analytics, Enterprise Content Management and Leadership - featuring leading speakers and keynote sessions. Must Attend.
If you're still hungry for more, here's a soup-can full of finely curated quality content - the best of the web in 2012 all rolled into one blog post.
Bonus: Two eBooks loaded with tips and insights from digital/ social media marketing experts:
- B2B Marketing Innovation - [ Download free eBook ]
by Lee Odden of Top Rank Online Marketing and Ann Handley of MarketingProfs
- Enterprise Social Media Management - [ Download free eBook ]
Best Practices from 30 Thought Leaders on Social@Scale compiled by Sprinklr
...and a Song
After all that, if you still find yourself wondering "What's Going On?" ...
you can choose to hum along with Marvin Gaye or vent it all out with The 4 Non-Blondes
Just ease your nerves in sweet surrender to the charms of this soothing song.
I still haven't found what I'm looking for - U2 (Joshua Tree, 1987)
Whatever you choose to do, don't settle for status quo. Keep hunting. Keep searching. As Steve Jobs said "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." And as Einstein advised: "Never Stop Questioning".
* Many Thanks to @PRNews for the picture of the 'slightly zonked' girl (above) from their Twitter caption contest.
* Huge Thanks to Shelly Kramer of V3im.com and Amy Vernon of Internet Media Labs for the links to the eBooks.
* Special Thanks also going out to U2 for making the most amazing music over the years. 36 and still going strong.